Research consistently proves that human behaviour and performance is a major component of 85% of aviation-related accidents, and is almost always a contributing factor in the remaining 15%.
Airport personnel should be familiar with the most common safety-related issues that are caused by human error. This way they can actively avoid these mistakes. Their performance is directly linked to airport safety – knowing this is the first step reducing the chance of accidents.
The Canadian Airports Online College’s Human Factors Safety Training covers the following areas:
Human Factors Safety Training helps personnel to recognise, understand and deal with human performance issues at an airport. This course has been rolled out at airports around the world as part of their Safety Training programs.
Human Factors Safety Training is one of five safety courses that make up the Certificate I in Airside Safety which provides a thorough understanding of the key elements of airside safety. The Certificate includes the following courses:
A Certificate in Airside Safety and the Human Factors Safety Training course is available in French.