This Airside Safety course is designed to familiarise participants with the unique nature of the Airside, the various roles and responsibilities required to maintain a high level of safety, the major elements of airside safety and some of the common hazards that they may encounter.
Please note – this course is also available in French.
On completion of this module participants will be able to:
The course covers the following topics:
Section 1. Airport Familiarisation
– Explain the three main areas of a modern airport and the major components of each
– Understand the different levels of access control applied to various areas of the airport
– Recognise the unique challenges of safety and security when working on the airside
Section 2. Safety Stakeholders, Roles and Responsibilities
– Identify the international, national and local organisations involved in airside safety and describe the various roles and responsibilities of each
– Understand your individual responsibilities in regards to Airside Safety
– Recognise the importance of Airside Security
Section 3. Airside Safety Elements
– Define safety within the context of an aerodrome
– Understand important safety terms
– Define a Safety Management System and how it differs from traditional approaches to safety
– Describe the four key strategies for dealing with safety risks
– Recognise the importance of Safety Reporting
Section 4. Airside Hazard Awareness
– Understand the importance of the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
– Recognise key hazards that you may encounter on the airside and understand the high level guidelines on how to protect yourself and work in a safe manner.